Wednesday, August 7, 2013

It's Been Awhile...

Wow - time passes so quickly!  I was surprised to see how long ago my last post was.
There is a lot going on...currently I have pieces in two exhibits at the Newburyport Art Association.  The first is my plein air group show, "A Brush with Beauty" which runs from August 7 through the 19th.  I am showing 11 pieces.  The reception is this Saturday, from 7-9 pm.  Stop by if you can!

I have two paintings in the Newburyport Art Association's 8 Cubed exhibit, a show of 200 - 8" x 8" unframed canvases!  It opens tomorrow and the reception coincides with my plein air reception - this Saturday from 7-9pm.

There's no time to waste - I am actively working on pieces for the Andover Art in the Park outdoor show coming up in September, and the NAA's Fall Juried Shows, Parts 1 & 2 along with a few others.  I will keep you up to date on what's happening!

I have been studying portrait and figure work and decided to copy a master painting to help. I settled on my favorite painting by John Singer Sargent - The Oyster Gatherers of Cancale.  Here is what I ended up with:


Next is a photo of a recent painting that never got shown - it sold from my website the day after I posted it and is being shipped to its new home in California:


That's about all for now!

-robin

www.robinthornhill.com
www.robinthornhill.blogspot.com
fineart@robinthornhill.com

1 comment:

Jeff Ventola said...

These are two beautiful paintings Robin! Congrats on the sale and congrats on doing a spectacular job on "Oyster Gatherers" it's just brilliant! Your 8 cubed work is great and so is your BOB collection...Keep it up!!